Who wouldn’t love a cheap and effective revolution in transport?
GOTRAXTM is the world’s leading producer of e-rideables, specializing in everyday commuting and transportation solutions.
GOTRAX is situated in Dallas, Texas, and was founded in 2017.
GOTRAX creates things that get you moving!
It is one of the companies that play a huge role in bringing the electric transport revolution.
Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra are two of its competitive models.
Customers have a hard time choosing the right one, hence we have provided a full comparison of both.
This will save you a lot of trouble and you will easily be able to buy the right model that meets your requirements.
- 1 Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Specification Comparison:
- 2 Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Quick Feature Comparison:
- 3 Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Detailed Feature Comparison:
- 3.1 Design
- 3.2 Weight Capacity
- 3.3 Battery Life Per Charge
- 3.4 Charging Time
- 3.5 Speed Limit
- 3.6 Motor Power
- 3.7 Hill Incline
- 3.8 Lighting
- 3.9 Brakes
- 3.10 Tires
- 3.11 Handlebar
- 3.12 Suspension
- 3.13 Water Resistance
- 3.14 Portability
- 3.15 Price
- 3.16 Warranty
- 3.17 Boot Space
- 3.18 Display
- 3.19 Riding Modes
- 3.20 Bluetooth Connectivity and APP Support
- 3.21 Navigation
- 4 Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra Electric Scooter: Who is the Winner?
- 5 Explore More on Gotrax:
- 6 Explore More Electric Scooter Comparisons:
- 7 FAQs
Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Specification Comparison:
Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Quick Feature Comparison:
- 250W Powerful Motor: The Gotrax adults electric scooter is designed with a 250Wmotor, can reach up to 15.5 Mph and 9-12 miles.
- Long Battery Life: Designed by 36V 5.2AH 187.2W high capacity battery, which can provide a max 12Miles range (under the best conditions on flat roads).The battery life is reliable for your long daily commute.
- 8.5" Pneumatic Tire&Headlight: 8.5" pneumatic tire provide excellent shock absorption even when riding over bumpy roads and speed bumps, making riding more comfortable than solid tires; Headlight provides better visibility when riding at night; All of this makes riding easy and safe.
- Multifunctional LED Display&One-step Folding System:The scooters feature an LCD display that indicates speed mode, range, battery status, cruise control and headlight icons, so easy for you to see and control; The adults scooter frame can fold down easily and locks for easy storage.
- 24 Hours Customer Service: Gotrax has 24 hour online customer service, 30 days unconditional return, refund and exchange, 365days limited exchange, return. So there is no need to worry about the products after-sales problems, worthy you to buy.
- Innovative Portable Folding Design - The Gotrax XR Ultra Commuting Scooter is equipped with a One-step folding system for portability. Aluminum material to enhance the stability, and a special Red Safety Button to protect the handlebar from folding while riding
- Long-range Electric Scooter - High capacity LG Battery 6.8 AH with a maximum travel range of up to 16 miles under optimum conditions. Our Smart Battery Management System ensures battery safety and extends the battery life. We suggest you check the tires once a month and inflate tires in time to ensure that the tire pressure is 340kpa (50PSI). Only normal tire pressure can ensure a normal range
- Strong Power E Scooter - The adult electric-powered scooter features a quiet Nominal Power 300W (Max. Power 400W) motor, boasting a top speed of 15.5 MPH and a max load of 264 lbs. Tackles steep hills with ease, making it a perfect commuting scooter. To ride your GOTRAX E-scooter safely, put one foot on the scooter and the other on the ground to push off. Once you go faster than 1.8mph, you can use the throttle and the scooter will move on its own
- EABS + Disc Braking System - Features a disc braking and anti-lock braking system for safe, responsive braking while at top speed. Front and rear wheels use 8.5" pneumatic tires to make riding comfortable, even on rough roads or bumpy terrain
- Multifunctional Console - The LED display shows current speed, speed modes, battery life, and headlight. The headlight has been upgraded to 8.5 degrees irradiation angle and 26 ft irradiation distance, keeping the rider safe while riding in the dark
Gotrax GXL V2 vs XR Ultra – Detailed Feature Comparison:
A modern design attracts customers without effort.
When one rides a vehicle that has an attractive design, it automatically boosts their confidence hence a product that looks good to the eye is the first choice for all.
When it comes to Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra, you will clearly notice how similar their designs are.
With a folding design, dual braking system, and a digital display, Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra are closely alike.
Besides, they have almost similar dimensions.
Overall, both have a strong Aluminum Alloy frame, with modern and sleek design to carry both teens and adults like a PRO.
The weight capacity of an electric scooter is a factor that needs to be considered if you want your electric scooter to last long.
If a rider more than the weight capacity of the electric scooter rides it, there are high chances of internal damage to the electric scooter because the motor will have to endure more weight than it is meant to.
For Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra the weight limit is 220 lbs (99.8 kgs).
Customers weighing more than this should refrain from buying either of these e-scooter models, and go for the best electric scooters for heavy adults.
Battery Life Per Charge
The Gotrax GXL V2 is equipped with 36 V – 5.2 aH Lithium-ion battery, whereas, the Gotrax XR Ultra features a much better 36 V – 7.0 aH – Lithium-ion LG battery.
Therefore, the battery life per charge of Gotrax GXL V2 is 12 miles per charge whereas the battery life for Gotrax XR Ultra is 16 miles per charge.
This difference in battery life per charge seems less on the surface but actually is quite a lot for people who have their target destination 1-4 miles ahead.
People who want a cheaper electric scooter and can travel daily within 12 miles range can choose Gotrax GXL V2, that too if they have an option to charge the electric scooter at their destination so that they be able to return back.
However, it would be wise to go for Gotrax XR Ultra to get extra miles and a brand LG battery, but obviously you have to pay a bit extra.
Winner: Gotrax XR Ultra
The charge time for Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra both is 4-5 hours.
This time duration is not too fast but not too slow either, because some electric scooters take even more than 8 hours to fully charge.
Charging time matters a lot in cases where the rider has to travel extensive distances but doesn’t have to stay there for very long.
In such a situation he/she would want that their electric scooter charges quickly so that they are able to travel back quickly without hassle.
The speed limit of an electric scooter is kept at a low level to avoid mishaps.
As an electric scooter is made up of light material and runs on low-power motors, a very high speed might cause it to heat up and can also lead to the scooter slipping while riding.
A speed limit hence reduces the risk of any such possible accidents.
The Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra both have a maximum speed of 15.5 mph (25 km/h).
This speed is good go for daily travel destinations.
However, if you looking for something even faster, check out this article.
The motor power of an electric scooter will give you an insight into a lot of other features of the electric scooter as well.
The reason is that many other features such as the speed of the electric scooter or its hill incline depend upon the motor power of the electric scooter.
The Gotrax GXL V2 has a motor power of 250 W.
The Gotrax XR Ultra on the other hand has a motor power of 300 watts.
You will now be able to understand why Gotrax XR Ultra can perform better compared to Gotrax GXL V2.
This difference of 50 watts can cause slight differences in the features of these two very similar electric scooter models.
Winner: Gotrax XR Ultra
The hill incline of an electric scooter mainly depends on its motor power.
As the Gotrax XR Ultra has 300 watts of motor power, its hill incline is about 15 degrees steep which is great for an average electric scooter.
In the case of Gotrax GXL V2 this hill incline might be a little lower as its motor power is lower compared to Gotrax XR Ultra. Although, Gotrax GXL V2 is also rated with hill incline of 15 degrees by the manufacturer.
During everyday travel, the hill incline is a factor that is important to consider if you know that the path you are going to take has steep areas as well.
It is better to choose an electric scooter with a great angle of hill incline even if your regular pathway is straight because you never know when you might want to ride on a different pathway than your regular one.
Winner: Gotrax XR Ultra
For Gotrax XR Ultra the LED headlight has been upgraded to 8.5 degrees irradiation angle and 26 ft irradiation distance.
This is perfect for riding in the dark.
For Gotrax GXL V2, the LED light is ultra-bright but not upgraded.
Unfortunately, both models doesn’t feature taillight.
Lighting is a very important feature to consider as it is very dangerous to drive any vehicle without lights at night.
If you are going to travel mostly at night, it is best to get an electric scooter that has pepper headlights as well as rear lights so that the other vehicles see you easily as well.
Winner: Gotrax XR Ultra
The Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra both have EABS and Disc braking system.
The dual braking system especially with EABS mainly prevents the tires from skidding.
The traction of a skidding wheel is lower than that of a non-skidding wheel.
You’ll be able to slow down faster and maintain greater control of a car if you can prevent the tires from losing grip or slipping on the roadways whenever you press the brakes.
The tires of an electric scooter determine how smooth your ride is going to be.
Mostly, air-filled tires are great for a less bumpy ride but their disadvantages rule them out as a choice for a few customers.
Air-filled tires have a possibility of getting punctured which increases their maintenance cost.
For this reason, non-pneumatic tires are a choice for many people, especially in the case of electric scooters for kids.
The Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra both have 8.5-inch air-filled tires.
Air-filled tires are also called pneumatic tires.
The handlebar of the electric scooter matters a lot because the rider’s height should synchronize with the height of the handlebar.
If the height of the rider and the handlebar are not compatible then all the money you spent on the electric scooter will go in vain.
You will not be able to drive the electric scooter if it is at the wrong height.
The handlebars of Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra are of a similar height (deck-to-handlebar) of almost 37.5 inches.
You may stand and measure the height of the handlebar on the electric scooter before you buy it to know if it reaches up to your waistline.
Suspension is featured in most vehicles to avoid a bumpy ride.
It protects the rider from feeling uncomfortable during his/her travel.
In the case of Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra there is no suspension but that does not mean that it is uncomfortable to ride.
Its pneumatic tires prevent the possible jerks during the ride so that the rider enjoys an effortless leveled ride.
The Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra have an IP54 rating which means that they are very slightly waterproof.
This under no circumstances means that you can literally dip your electric scooter in water but it simply means that if a few sprinkles of water reach your electric scooter, it won’t be harmed.
It is still very much necessary to protect your electric scooter from rain, puddles, or excessive water anywhere.
There are two methods to increase the portability of an electric scooter.
One of them is to build lightweight electric scooters.
The other way is to produce foldable electric scooters.
During the manufacture of Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra, both these factors were kept in mind.
They are lightweight as well as foldable.
Both, the Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra share a similar weighs of 26.4 lbs (12 kgs), so they are not that hard to carry.
Beside, this foldability feature that they have makes them suitable to keep within the house if you do not have a proper storage area and it also makes them suitable to keep in the trunk of the car during long-distance travels.
The price of any product matters a lot.
Most customers have a specific budget that they keep in mind before they leave to pick out an expensive product.
Every one of them tries to search for good quality with an affordable range.
The Gotrax XR Ultra is a hundred dollars more expensive than the Gotrax GXL V2.
The reason behind it could be the increased motor power and branded LG battery of Gotrax XR Ultra.
As most of their other features are similar and your budget is low, it will be okay if you choose Gotrax GXL V2 instead of Gotrax XR Ultra.
Winner: Gotrax GXL V2
The warranty of an expensive product is important to consider as it tells you a lot about the company and the quality of the product.
A good company always provides a warranty which can be considered as the badge for the company’s trust in its own product.
Both the Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra have a 180-day limited warranty.
This suggests that you can contact the company if you find any fault in the product within 6 months.
The company will then either fix the product or entirely replace it.
There is no proper boot space in either of the two Gotrax models.
The Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra however both have horizontal handles on which riders usually carry their stuff in such shoppers.
However, it is highly NOT recommended, as it can cause the electric scooter to disbalance, consequently leading to accident.
Both the Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra have an LED digital display.
This display not only makes it easier to view details about your electric scooter such as its speed, battery, cruise control, headlight switch, etc but it also makes the electric scooter more attractive.
There are no different riding modes for Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra. You only have a throttle button that you can use to control speed.
Bluetooth Connectivity and APP Support
There is no bluetooth connectivity or app support for either of the two Gotrax GXL V2 or XR Ultra.
No navigation feature is present in Gotrax GXL V2 and Gotrax XR Ultra Electric Scooter.
Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra Electric Scooter: Who is the Winner?
When we see the features of Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra, we see numerous similarities.
The only notable differences present are in their motor power, battery life per charge, and price.
Considering these differences, we declare Gotrax XR Ultra as the winner because of its increased motor power, better battery life per charge and a high-quality LG Battery.
Even though its price is a little higher than Gotrax GXL V2, its enhanced motor power covers it.
Both these Gotrax models, however, are quite rather impressive as far as their features are concerned.
They both have the ability to drive a person to his/her desired location with comfort and safety.
The high range of this electric scooter and only a few hours required to fully charge the battery are rather appealing features for a customer.
Explore More on Gotrax:
- Gotrax G Pro 3 Wheel Electric Scooter Review
- GoTrax GXL V2 vs. Xiaomi M365 – Who is the Winner?
- Gotrax GXL vs GXL V2 Electric Scooter: What’s the Difference?
Explore More Electric Scooter Comparisons:
- Razor RX200 vs E300 Electric Scooter: Know the Difference
- Razor E175 vs E200: Which Electric Scooter to Buy?
- Segway Ninebot ES2 vs ES4 Electric Kick Scooter: Which one is better?
- Razor E175 vs E100 Electric Scooter (A Detailed Comparison)
- Hiboy Max V2 vs. S2 vs. S2 Pro – An Ultimate Comparison
- Hiboy Max3 vs S2 Pro Electric Scooter (A Detailed Comparison)
- Razor Power Core E90 vs. E100 Electric Scooter – Know The Difference!
- Razor Power core E90 vs. Power core E100 Electric Scooter [A Detailed Comparison]
- Razor E325 vs. E300 Electric Scooter: Which One Is The Best?
- Razor E100 vs. Power Core E100 Electric Scooter: Which One Is Better?
- Razor E100 vs. E200 vs. E300 Electric Scooters: Which Is the Best?
- Hiboy Max Electric Scooter Review
- Segway Ninebot MAX Electric Kick Scooter Review
- Hover-1 Alpha vs Journey: Who Is The Winner?
Does Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra Electric Scooter come Assembled?
No, it does not come assembled so you can take help from the following youtube video to assemble it properly:
Does Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra come with a Charger?
Yes, both Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra comes with their very own charger.
Are Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra Water-Resistant?
Both have an IP54 rating so it is very slightly waterproof.
Does Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra have Regenerative Braking?
Yes, they both have regenerative EABS braking system.
How Big are Gotrax GXL V2 and XR Ultra Tires?
The size of the tires for both models is 8.5-inches.